Great

Eternal words that make you feel cherished!

I got a card from CaratLane with these lines...they were lovely enough to share.

Friday, June 22, 2012

CaratLane: A shiny, classy online experience

I recently shopped for gold jewellery, and I did it online rather than at any offline store. I was very impressed with the experience. CaratLane not only has some really classy designs but they also have such a smooth process to buy it off them.

I didn't have to register my entire life history with them to begin shopping. The site lets you view their collection entirely and you can complete a transaction as a 'guest', which means you give them all your information at the last minute at the time of making a payment, and you don't have to be a registered user of the site. They also have a toll-free number that you can call and place your order.

I paid for my earrings through net banking, and within 2 days I got a call from their customer service team verifying my credentials and they told me that the earrings would be delivered by a certain day. On that particular day, I got a call from a company rep who told me he was on his way to deliver the earrings and that I (or a family member who was receiving it on my behalf) should keep a ID handy.

The earrings were insured by the site during transit, till I got them. And opening the package was a delightful experience. It came in a silver and maroon colour tin which had the site's name printed on the lid. Within this was a gift box filled with potpourri. And in this box was a milky coffee colour suede box which contained my earrings. The cherry on top of this experience was that there was a handwritten 'Thank You' card saying 'We hope you enjoy your earrings.'

I have never seen such great service even at offline stores, where they have included a Thank You card with my purchase. I think it's time jewellery stores sat up and took note of this simple gesture, which left the biggest impression on me.

So, while people rave about the earrings I have bought, I'm happy with the entire transaction. And coming from someone who normally does not like shopping, that is saying a lot! 

No comments: