Great

Eternal words that make you feel cherished!

I got a card from CaratLane with these lines...they were lovely enough to share.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Trust: Missing in action where it counts

Whom do you trust? That's a big, loaded question. And at least one organisation has been putting out a Trust Barometer for 14 years now. Edelman has looked at 27 markets globally and checked for 16 attributes. While the report is spread over a few links that I think you should look at - the findings are disheartening, and not surprising.

- CEOs and government leaders were at the bottom of the 'Trust' list. Academics and experts got far better ratings than them. Obviously, those fat salaries aren't fooling anyone.

- BRIC countries suffered from a trust deficit. India, China and Russia came out even worse than Brazil. Countries like Germany, Sweden, Switzerland and Canada were rated highly.


- Small and medium enterprises won over government ones all over the world. In Asia, big, publicly traded companies scored higher over state enterprises.

- The technology sector was most highly trusted. Followed by automotive, food and beverage, and consumer packaged goods. Media and banking didn't make it highly on this list.

- Businesses were considered to be under-performing on high priority attributes like engagement and integrity, and performing well on low priority things like operations.

Well, this is some sort of guide for businesses to look at and correct their actions as they go along, if they want to. I'm hoping they add information about trust issues in the workplace in future studies. Along the lines of how to spot untrustworthy people? Or how to deal with untrustworthy people (the top 5 successful strategies) etc. After all, these things matter to me on a daily basis, at any place of work and in life, than the macro issues.

If you are like me, and know more untrustworthy people than you would like to know, then you'll look forward to such an index too.

Read more from the report here: http://www.edelman.com/insights/intellectual-property/2014-edelman-trust-barometer/trust-around-the-world/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this
site. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times
it's difficult to get that "perfect balance"
between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must ssay you
have done a awesome job with this. Also, the blog loads super
quick for me on Opera. Exceptional Blog!

Here is my blog silver teacher bracelet

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
I am quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Stop by my blog - vietnam travel